Thursday, July 30, 2015

Mechanicus rules update





When GW released the two AdMech codices I was of cause thrilled, and I think they have outdone themselves with regards to miniatures. Übercool and with a degree of details that amazes me each time I have a close look. Of cause one can always find a mini or two which is not how you, yourself envisioned it, but overall they are beautiful either on their own or as a cool base for conversions - or both of cause.
The one thing I find the codices miss however is the massive diversity of units described in the books and other fiction about the AdMech, a diversity much better captured by the old TF codex (which can be found in my download section if you should be interested). I'll admit I play very rarely, but when I play it's always friendly games, and I have no problems using fandexes or a mix of GW/FW/TF dexes - so that great. It also let me to the idea of collecting all the AdMech units from GW/FW/TF in one codex - however once I started writing down the units, the number of units became so large that collecting them all would be an almost impossible task. Taking that into account and the possibility of just making up an army of detachments from the different codices and HH books, the primal ideas seem a little over the top - even though I like a good summer project. Instead I have decided to try and update the TF codex, exchanging some of the old units, weapons and wargear with official ones where it's appropriate, and in some cases just deleting options if that makes more sense. It will of cause not be the TF codex any more, but kind of my own rip-off to use in friendly games - to be able to use a greater variety of models.
Some pieces of weapons or wargear is not easy to replace though, so I hope you guys will be able to help me out once in a while, here. So in the not to distant future rules suggestions and idead will pop up right here, please swoop by once in a while.
As always, any thought, ideas, suggestions and speculations are most welcome.

Cheers
Manus

No comments:

Post a Comment